M-Files for Google Workspace January 2021 Fix Release
- Hierarchical relationships between value lists sometimes cause unexpected behavior with the add-on.
- In some cases, when a user selects the subitem first and then the parent item in the metadata tab, the subitem is cleared.
- This release includes a fix for this issue.
Bug: When a user selects the subitem first and then the parent item in the metadata tab, the child item is cleared.
Note: below you can find details and release notes for previous releases of the M-Files for Google Workspace add-on (was M-Files for Google G Suite add-on).
M-Files for Google G Suite November 2020 Fix Release
- Property definition visibility on the add-on metadata card now uses the same logic as M‑Files Web.
- The message ID property is shown on the add-on metadata card also for grouped email conversations.
- Gmail automatic saving: If an error occurs, the add-on leaves no documents checked out in M‑Files.
- The issue of viewing read-only properties on the add-on metadata card is now fixed.
- The metadata template is saved to Google Cloud for each conversation.
- Drive: The document context menu option "Save to M-Files" is available again.
Bug: If an email has been saved by label automation and the user changes the automatic saving setting to "By email conversations", new messages to that email's conversation are not saved.
Bug: A multi-select property on the add-on metadata card cannot load a saved value that has more than 100 options.
Bug: Drive: After the Google Layout updates, the document context menu option "Save to M‑Files" stopped working.
Improvement: Show read-only properties on the add-on metadata card.
Improvement: Get the values of read-only properties before updating metadata.
M-Files for Google G Suite H1 2020 Update
- The add-on supports saving emails and attachments as separate objects.
- Previously, emails belonging to the same conversation were grouped into one multi-file document.
- Grouping is still the default, but you can now change the setting to saving as separate objects.
- When a user tries to connect to M-Files server, the add-on checks that the M-Files server license has the M‑Files for Google G Suite module included.
- Value list filtering has been improved.
- You can now use hierarchical relationships between value lists in the same way as in M‑Files Desktop.
- The add-on supports saving an email again to M-Files after it has been deleted from M‑Files.
- This caused an error before.
- The "Save to M-Files" option is now available for newly composed messages.
- This used to be supported only when replying to emails that were already saved to M‑Files.
- When setting the add-on to save emails automatically by labels, the labels are now organized in alphabetical order.
Bug: Drive: The "Save to M-Files" option is not always shown in the context menu of files.
Bug: Gmail: When a user changes the SAVE AS selection while saving an email, the class drop-down menu is not visible.
Bug: Gmail: Non-document links in assignment notifications are not working.
Bug: Gmail: Automatic saving by labels saves email messages multiple times.
Bug: Gmail: When selecting two emails quickly, the metadata card is not loaded.
Bug: Gmail: When saving again an email with an empty title to M-Files, the name of the email is messed up in M-Files.
Bug: Gmail: The tooltip for the three-dot menu is always "General Settings".
Bug: Gmail: The "Send & save to M-Files" option is visible for emails that have not been saved to M-Files.
Bug: Drive: The search function does not work when using a search term that includes the underscore character (_).
Bug: Gmail: When a user unchecks all emails and attachments while saving emails, the user is able to click the disabled "Save" button.
Bug: Gmail: A newly saved email gets the name of the previously saved email in M-Files.
Bug: Gmail: The "Save" button is enabled even though the mandatory class property value is missing from the metadata.
Bug: Gmail: Not possible to save attachments when saving again an email that was deleted in M-Files.
Bug: General: Multi-line text does not have line breaks in M-Files. Instead, end of line characters (<br/>) are shown.
Bug: Drive: The "Save to M-Files" option changes location in the context menu of files.
Bug: Drive: Saving Google documents as "application/epub+zip" does not work. - Google documents should be saved to M-Files only in one of the following formats: Open Doc, PDF, MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint (depending on the document).
Bug: Drive: Scrolling the "Recently accessed by me" view is not working properly when the page is zoomed.
Bug: General: When using non-SSO login, the username and password fields are shown for all non-SSO vaults on the "General settings" tab and the "Cancel" button is not working.
Bug: General: Saving empty default metadata is possible which results in strange behavior, such as continuous spinning.
Bug: Gmail: Automatic saving by conversation fails if the subject field of a reply message is empty.
Bug: General: Removing all organizational units on the "General settings" tab causes the extension to fail to load.
Bug: Gmail: The sidebar is forced to open the M-Files extension when an email is selected. - For example, when a user has selected "Tasks".
Bug: General: Prevented API calls for object with the ID 0 (objects/0/0 endpoint).
Improvement: General: Improved the error message "The mandatory property "100" has no value." to be understandable.
Bug: Gmail: Saving a second reply to an email is not possible.
Bug: Gmail: The "Save" and "Cancel" buttons in label rule settings are in different order than in other places in the extension.
Improvement: Drive: On the "Synchronization history" tab, the "Remove" button renamed as "Disable".
Bug: Drive: When a document that has Drive synchronization enabled is removed from M‑Files, the error status 500 is reported instead of 404 (Not found).
Bug: Drive: Cannot add a Google file to an existing M-Files document.
Improvement: General: Support added for hierarchical value lists in the extension.
Improvement: General: Translations added for the user interface text "Please select a vault".
Improvement: Gmail: The user can configure the way of saving (background tasks).
Improvement: General: Updated jQuery to version 3.5.1.
Improvement: General: Improved the vault settings synchronization from Admin Site to the extension.
Improvement: Gmail: It is now possible to save an email again to M-Files after it has been deleted from M‑Files.
Improvement: General: Optimized connection requests to a vault that cannot be connected.
Improvement: Gmail: Added a message-based way of sending and saving to M-Files.
Improvement: Gmail: Labels under the "Select labels" section are now organized in alphabetical order.
Improvement: Gmail: The "Save to M-Files" option is now available for newly composed messages.
Improvement: Added a new way of saving emails and attachments to M-Files. - Added a configuration option for saving emails as separate objects instead of saving them to the same multi-file document.